I Ching. Hexagram 38 is named 睽 (kuí), “Polarising”.
Other variations include “Opposition”, “Diverging”, “Perversion”.
IN THE MANIFESTED REALITY.
The fire flared up to the skies, illuminating everything around. The situation became extremely clear and caused a storm of emotions and passions.
The fire, heating the ground, woke up the underground lake. The passions helped to detect internal reserve to resolve the emotionally tense situation.
Water escaped from the underground captivity to the surface. The fire evaporates the water, the water extinguishes the fire. The contradictions intensify, the conflict continues.
The fire disappears. The vapor cloud is everywhere around. The discovered internal force suppresses conflicts. A clear understanding of what is happening, a grip on what is happening, great emotions (the properties of fire) will go to the background.
The streams of water will carry gold ingots from the bowels of the earth to the surface. As a result, a valuable treasure will be found how to resolve such situations.
Where before the fire burned, after a while, the gold ingots will sparkle in the sunlight. The contradictions and conflicts will help to find a valuable treasure.
ON SUBCONSCIOUSNESS. This is the antagonistic relationship between primary elements (fire, water). Fire displaces large water – the reverse, unnatural course of events. This is possible only with a very large prevalence of fire over the water. Since there is a lot of water, the power of fire on the subconscious is truly enormous.
A vast and dangerous ocean spread wide under the blue sky. This is focusing on a great danger.
A giant volcano awoke on the bottom of the ocean. Something very powerful awakens in the depths of the subconscious, which will radically change the situation.
A powerful flame lights everything around and evaporates water. Clouds of steam will close everything. Through inspiration, all hidden will become extremely clear. Big emotions will remove from life everything else to the second plane. Understanding what is happening will be temporarily lost.
Where there have recently been dangerous ocean depths, tomorrow the raging flame will reach heaven. Concentrating on a very dangerous situation will later be replaced by a clear understanding of what is happening, great passions and a strong grip on the events taking place.
COMMON INTERPRETATION OF THE HEXAGRAM №38
In the world of events, passions are in full swing. A very big danger is on the subconscious. A clear understanding of what is happening at the same time will be lost in the manifested reality and found at the subconscious level. The inspiration which came from subconsciousness depth will allow a harmonizing situation in displayed reality. Ability to solve similar vital situations is a very valuable found treasure. If in the manifested reality everything develops in the best way with a loss of understanding of what is happening, then on the subconscious plane, the emotional fire together with the intensification of intuitive clarity are more and more flared up. Fear did not leave the subconscious when solving the situation but on the contrary, turn into a constant storm of emotions.
The meaning of the hexagram is complex protracted conflicts. Events in the manifested reality and on a subconscious level will develop in many respects in opposite directions. In the world of events, the emotionally tense situation will be successfully resolved. On the subconscious, a sense of great danger will grow into an ever-increasing emotional tension. Anxiety, emanating from the depths of the subconscious, will directly contradict the actual course of events. It’s fear of nothing, it’s fear from the past. At the same time, the energy of emotional tension is simply enormous: the fire of inner passions evaporates a whole ocean of water. This is a kind of insanity: ignoring the joyful achievements of what is happening here and now and focusing on yesterday’s fears. DEPRESSION. It is discord between a prosperous manifested reality and a very deep emotional experience on a subconscious plane. The concentration of attention on the past dangerous events (the property of fire – cohesion with the situation) is intensified. Here and now, in fact, everything is fine, but on the subconscious plane the huge fire of emotions will rage. DEPRESSION is a drama with total external well-being. DEPRESSION is a concentration on past dangers in spite of what is happening in reality.
Decisive, active actions do not work here. It is necessary to act subtly and leisurely. As a result of DEPRESSION, a very valuable treasure (how to resolve similar life problems) will be extracted from the internal plan . Probably, for the sake of this achievement, this situation is necessary. The best thing that can be done here is to objectively look at your life full of valuable achievements. It is advisable to focus on these achievements, on the joyful moments of life.
Multidimensionality (opposite vibration)
HAPPINESS comes when the chain of events corresponds to our secret dreams. DEPRESSION comes when our hopes are destroyed. HAPPINESS and DEPRESSION are the opposite emotions of a person who has expectations, aspirations, and hopes. If a person can get rid of expectations something completely new will be revealed to him!
Fire reaches out upwards, water streams down.
Everything is polarized. Find, protect and cultivate
the little fire flame from under the depth of the water.
Positions to consider:
- Depression is a state of utter oppression and gloom. It robs one of the chances to give and accept love freely.
- Depression is likely to happen under the circumstances of complete well-being when there are no challenges in one’s life. It is a fruit of feeling self-important. Depression means that ego has won over the Supreme Self. Ego forced you to believe that life is bleak, joyless and sullen.
- Depression is a sign of a radical transformation in values. It is a natural soul-searching process, a step of spiritual growth.
- Depression is a complete disconnection from the Supreme Self. On the other hand, it’s a fantastic chance for your Supreme Self to build up a new, more sophisticated bond with you.
- “Neurosis is always a substitute for legitimate suffering,” Carl Jung.
- “Everyone knows nowadays that people ‘have complexes’. What is not so well known, though far more important theoretically, is that complexes can have us,” Carl Jung.
- “A psychoneurosis must be understood, ultimately, as the suffering of a soul which has not discovered its meaning,” Carl Jung.
- “Memory is deceptive because it is colored by today’s events,” Albert Einstein.
- “A riot is the language of the unheard,” Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness,” Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Depression begins with disappointment. When disappointment festers in our soul, it leads to discouragement,” Joyce Meyer.
- “What hurts you, blesses you. Darkness is your candle,” Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi.
- “If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come,” Chinese proverb.
- “If you do not have depression, then someone has two of them,” an unknown author.
- “If you have two depressions, then someone is definitely happy,” an unknown author.
- “Have you ever seen any fish that had become satiated with this sea?” Jalaluddin Rumi.
- “Those who have comprehended the senselessness of sorrows. They grow flowers and don’t count the days,” Yoshiyuki Ibaragi.
- “If you don’t know how to enjoy life, then why should it please you?” unknown author.
- „The secret of being miserable is to have leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not. The cure for it is occupation,” George Bernard Shaw.
- “Those who consider themselves a failure are people who do not understand how close they were to success when they folded their hands and gave up,” Nick Vuychich.
- “Find joy within yourself, and that joy will heal the pain,” Joseph Campbell.
- “There is no end to suffering … Look for the beginning of suffering, if you can find the beginning, then perhaps you will be able to find its end,” Karl Renz.
- “If everyone attacks me, I just laugh … And if you were offended, it means that there is pain inside you! You don’t know yourself. The part of you that can be offended is your ignorance. If someone calls you an idiot and you agree, you will be offended. But if someone calls you an idiot, and you know that you are not an idiot, you will just laugh!” Osho.
- “Do not hold on to anger, pain or suffering: they steal your energy and prevent love,“ Leonardo Felice Buscaglia
Author: Evgeny Kitanin (Vet Zatinus).