I Ching. Hexagram 52 is named 艮 (gèn), “Bound”.
Other variations include “Keeping Still”, “Staying Still”, “Clarity In The Chaos”, “Mountain” and “Stilling”.
IN THE MANIFESTED REALITY.
The powerful beautiful mountain is bathed in the clouds. In this life, a very powerful unshakable base has been found. Thanks to this foundation everything is now well and peaceful.
What is there behind this mountain? What is there behind the resting, calm, firm, quiet?
There is another, no less beautiful and powerful, mountain! Nothing can shake this calm keeping still! The life flows like a river. Many serious events have happened. But a person is absolutely calm!
ON SUBCONSCIOUS PLANE.
A powerful tree grows quickly, like thunder. Rapid and very significant changes occur on the internal plane.
Water in the sea all the time arrives. The sea will wash away the roots of the tree. Very rapid internal growth depreciates all the priorities and values that have prevailed before.
Underground water breaks to the surface. Changes, accumulated on the internal plane, begin to transform life.
The tree will be completely immersed in the raging stream. What has come from the depths of the subconscious will become the main life priority.
Where once the powerful tree was growing, dangerous sea waves will rage tomorrow. Everyday vanity, emotions, and passions will go away. Everything will plunge into a very dangerous abyss, hidden earlier in the depths of the subconscious.
COMMON INTERPRETATION OF THE HEXAGRAM №52
In the manifested reality. Life is frozen. Mountain changes mountains. This cannot be at the level of events, because something is always happening. Even twice having entered into the same river, will notice a big difference. This means that a person’s attitude toward new events remains the same as for the other previous ones. He does not have serious fears, and he does not have strong desires. A person is not afraid of anything and does not want to change anything. This is absolute calm of everyday life. This is agreement with any surprises. This person removes the focus of his attention from external reality. The external life is frozen for him. Absolute tranquility reigns. Life is provided with everything necessary. This is most likely a lack of desire to have more. All attention is focused on the inner plane. This situation is named MEDITATION.
On a subtle level. Emotions, passions, and vanities are replaced by a dangerous abyss that has come from the very depths of the subconscious. Getting rid of fears, fuss in the depth of one’s own subconsciousness leads to corresponding changes in the world of events. A subtle plan always rules a rough plan. In the manifested world, everything becomes very secure and peaceful. MEDITATION changes your world of events. Getting rid of emotions lead to the discovery of a new world in the depths of your own subconscious. This is MEDITATION.
At the level of external events, the world froze. On the subtle plane, on the contrary, vanity is replaced by something huge and dangerous.
When emotions and fuss leave your subconscious, when nothing can shake your peace, then new, huge and dangerous something will manifest from the depths of the subconscious.
What is the danger in? In the subconscious is a very great internal source of power. The more powerful the source, the greater the danger of interaction with this source of power. Premature awakening of the internal source of power (yoga called this Kundalini power) can cause any negative consequences. If you are not ready, then do not be recklessly immersed in your own subconscious. It’s really very dangerous!
If you feel the potential for mastering your inner strength, you will discover a new dimension: the world of the subconscious. You will discover a miracle connection between external events and your inner state. You will discover that the internal state can master external events.
Who received this hexagram has a unique opportunity to discover that his internal state can control and master the external events.
Bring yourself into a state of happy peace and monitor how your problems evaporate at the event level.
Multidimensionality (opposite vibration)
TOTAL ENGAGEMENT WITH EVENTS
TOTAL ENGAGEMENT WITH EVENTS – this is the maximum identification of oneself with one’s body, one’s life. It is a superficial point of view that does not withstand a deeper analysis of reality. Such an analysis inevitably leads to the discovery of a whole world in our subconscious. Concentration on the subconscious is MEDITATION. The division of reality into the subtle subconscious and manifested part is a very crude simplification necessary for the transmission of information in words. A subtle and manifested world is just various facets of the whole.
Tranquility generates wisdom.
The storm of emotions
is calming down.
The unparalleled beauty of a precious diamond is shining from inside.
Positions to consider:
- “Silence is a source of great strength,” Lao Tzu.
- “To understand everything is to forgive everything,” Buddha.
- “Sleep is the best meditation,” Dalai Lama.
- “Meditation is the tongue of the soul and the language of our spirit,” Jeremy Taylor.
- A crafty idler disguises as an enlightened and pretends to be meditating. In such a manner, he lives off others, demanding particular respect.
- “The first recipe for happiness is: avoid too lengthy meditation on the past,” Andre Maurois.
- Meditation is a fake, full of nothing but some leg pain.
- “To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders,” Lao Tzu.
- “He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed. All the barriers are only inside of us. We generate and cultivate them by worrying about the outcome,” Albert Einstein.
- To be filled with the Supreme vibrations, you have to get rid of materialistic goals. Discard the worldly objectives, empty the space for God. You just have nowhere to put a diamond, if all your pockets are full of rubbish, of your fussy goals.
- “Whether you’re keeping a journal or writing as a meditation, it’s the same thing. What’s important is you’re having a relationship with your mind,” Natalie Goldberg.
- “Be empty of worrying. Think of who created thought,” Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi.
- “You cannot taste life because you constantly chew a thought,” Eckhart Tolle.
- “Meditation is not action, meditation is pure awareness. This fourth dimension is your true being. You can call it the soul, God, your true “I” … call it what you want, because it does not have its own name … At that moment everything is filled with light – your inner eye has opened, and you are fully aware of the truth. This is how liberation happens! ”- Osho.
- “Just think calmly for three seconds to understand everything. But … We are too excited with our own fantasies to stop even for a moment,” Victor Pelevin.
- “- Winnie Pooh, what is meditation?
– This is when the filings in your head, Piglet, cease to conflict…” the author is unknown.
- “How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then to rest afterward.” Spanish Proverb.
- “I have not been interested in thoughts for a long time! I prefer the gaps between them,” Ngo-ma.
- “Calm the water of your mind, and then the Universe and stars will be reflected in your soul,” Rumi.
- “Emptiness is an experience. It is like the sudden realization that we are all asleep. We realize that we are in a dream state. If such awareness arises even for a moment, our relationship with the world changes, ” Ringu Tulku Rinpoche.
- “Don’t rush anywhere…. Otherwise, you will miss the miracle … ” Elchin Safarli.
Author: Evgeny Kitanin (Vet Zatinus).