Hexagram 16 is named 豫 (yù), “Providing-For”.
Other variations include “Enthusiasm”, ” Curb your enthusiasm”, “Approval and admiration”, “Excess”.
IN THE MANIFESTED REALITY.
The tree grows quickly like thunder. Live saturated with emotion is booming.
The tree grows on very fertile earth of endless plain. Good material basis provides a prosperous life.
The tree is rapidly developing, rapidly growing. The tree will soon die. Only the immense field will remain. On the basis of a solid material foundation, life will develop rapidly, grow rapidly. Real life will die, the only material base will remain. On the basis of a solid material foundation, life will develop rapidly, grow rapidly. Real life will die, the only material base will remain. The only interest of strengthening of this base will remain. Any other interest will quickly be lost.
ON SUBCONSCIOUS PLANE.
Mountain grows on the bottom of the boundless ocean. Various fears and anxieties led to the decision to protect life, to make everything firm and unshakable.
The mountain goes to the surface of the ocean and displaces it beyond the horizon. This subconscious intention is realized: all sorts of dangerous situations gradually disappear from life.
Where dangerous ocean waves were rolling yesterday, tomorrow there will be a huge mountain. Life will become predictable and safe, calm and unshakable.
COMMON INTERPRETATION OF THE HEXAGRAM №16
IN THE MANIFESTED REALITY. Great achievements, rapid growth, and rapid changes will strengthen the material basis of life. Big material blessings, excessive protection destroy life itself, as the perfect unexpected adventure. Preservation and augmentation of the reliable material base, safety assurance and stability becomes the main vital purpose. Any serious changes will go away from life. Intention to follow and to preserve will destroy any creative, any seeking to changes. It is a stagnation caused by excessive material well-being. If material wealth, privileged position are the main priorities of life, then the dominant emotion will be the fear of losing them. In everyday life, this fear manifests itself as ENVY to those who have these benefits even more, whose position is even stronger and safer.
At a subconscious level, this vibration only intensifies: various fears lead to a desire for firmness and safety.
Double coming earth in the manifested reality, and on subconsciousness is an excessive seeking to secure oneself from any accidents. It is the suppression of other parties of life: variability, adventures, creativity. This is ENVY at all levels.
Adverse passively to follow events flow, to search for material blessings and to aspire to take a reliable situation. It will be strengthening the inharmonious features of the situation.
Adverse to search for material blessings and to aspire to take a reliable situation. It will be strengthening the inharmonious features of the situation.
It is favorable to reverse the course of events, then harmful satiety will recede. It is beneficial to repeat the act of Buddha: to leave the safe palace and boldly step into the unpredictable world.
According to the Basic principle of the multidimensional interpretation of the Book of Changes, the ENVY does not necessarily apply to the questioner in person. The ENVY is the dominant vibration of this plan. It may be all the opposite: someone can envy the very inquirer, his achievements and benefits.
Multidimensionality (opposite vibration)
SELF-SUFFICIENCY is the deep inner conviction that t, ere will always be as much as you need for a harmonious life. SELF-SUFFICIENCY removes any basis for the appearance of ENVY. However, people in this dual world will always doubt about the possibility of their SELF-SUFFICIENCY. These doubts are fertile soil for the emergence of ENVY.
The darkness of the night devours everything:
the fuss, the achievements, and fears alike.
Positions to consider:
- “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind,” Buddha.
- “The best revenge is a massive success,” Frank Sinatra.
- “I think envy motivates a lot of people,” Shia LaBeouf.
- “Envy does not allow humanity to sleep,” Carl Jung.
- “Fools may our scorn, not envy, raise. For envy is a kind of praise.” John Gay.
- “Of the seven deadly sins, only envy is no fun at all,” Joseph Epstein.
- “Envy is human nature,” Monica Bellucci.
- “Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own,” Harold Coffin.
- “Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope,” Josh Billings.
- To have no feelings towards those who possess far better things than you means you are either emptied or emotionally numb, like a walking dead.
- “Never underestimate the power of jealousy and the power of envy to destroy. Never underestimate that.” Oliver Stone.
- “I envy the dead,” William Mulholland.
- “When men are full of envy they disparage everything, whether it be good or bad,” Tacitus.
- “Envy comes from people’s ignorance of, or lack of belief in, their own gifts,” Jean Vanier.
- “Oh God, don’t envy me, I have my own pains,” Barbra Streisand.
- “Pride, envy, avarice – these are the sparks have set on fire the hearts of all men,” Dante Alighieri.
- Envy fuels one’s wishes and desires drives one’s life toward achievements. Without it, life would have been a hibernation.
- Only a man who totally lost the ability to compare and to wish for the better can avoid being envious. But only the bravest and the most courageous can admit they are envious.
- “I am unwilling to accord to some small-minded and jealous individuals the satisfaction of having thwarted my efforts. These men are to me nothing more than microbes of a nasty disease,” Nikola Tesla, ‘Quotations by Nikola Tesla’.
- “A person becomes completely unbearable for us when his inner light overshadows our own,” – Vet Zatinus ‘The Basic Law of Subtle Energy Exchange’.
- “Envy is a thousand times worse than starvation, because it is spiritual hunger,” Miguel de Unamuno.
- “When you radiate light, you annoy those who live in the dark,” an unknown author.
- “A happy person attracts all who are not upset by his happiness … ,” Juliana Wilson.
- “Envy is a person’s distraction from himself,” the author is unknown.
- “Spoils people not poverty or wealth, but envy and greed,” the author is unknown.
- “Happy is the one who has learned to admire, not envy,” – Anton Pavlovich Chekhov.
- “The next time you feel unwanted, ugly, and unappreciated, remember that someday you will also be dead,” Karl Renz.
- “But there are people who’ll try to hurt you through the good they see in you–knowing that it’s the good, needing it and punishing you for it,” Ayn Rand.
Hexagram 16 corresponds to the Svadhisthana chakra
Author: Evgeny Kitanin (Vet Zatinus).