I Ching. Hexagram 36 is named 明夷 (míng yí), “Darkening of the Light”.
Other variations include “brilliance injured” and “intelligence hidden”.
IN THE MANIFESTED REALITY.
It’s a huge, vast plain on a dark night. It is a stay in ignorance and fear of an incomprehensible world.
Deep in the bowels of the Earth, a powerful flame flares up. Understanding what is happening comes as an insight, from the inner plane.
This is the eruption of the volcano. The indomitable underground fire comes to the surface of the Earth. The change in inner awareness begins to show itself vigorously in the world of events.
The darkness recedes. The fire illuminates the night sky. The fear of the unknown recedes. Everything clears up. Together with clarity, great passions and emotions come.
Where there was the huge plain in the darkness, in a while the fire will rage. It will become very hot and clear. Ignorance and fear will be replaced by a new clear understanding of what is happening. It will bring great emotions and passions.
ON SUBCONSCIOUS PLANE.
A forest is growing rapidly (like thunder) thanks to underground waters. This is a very rapid growth of understanding of what is happening because of a deep sense of great danger.
A huge underground sea is locked in the bowels of the earth right under the forest. The big danger is real. It is locked in the depths of the subconscious.
The roots of the trees penetrate deeply into the ground and wake the sea. A profound insight into what is happening reveals the great hidden dangerous.
The sea will rush to the surface, sweeping away all obstacles. Once detected, the danger begins to manifest itself. It destroys everything that restrained its manifestation.
The forest will be completely submerged in dangerous waters. Attention will entirely be seized by comprehension of a dangerous situation.
Where the powerful forest grew rapidly, tomorrow dangerous sea waves will rage. Fear of great danger will supersede the rapid realization of what is happening.
COMMON INTERPRETATION OF THE HEXAGRAM №36
IN THE MANIFESTED REALITY.
The light is locked deep underground. The earth symbolizes adherence to the stereotypical picture of the world. The dogmas formed for centuries firmly sealed the inner light. Dark! This is the main fear of people – the fear of death. The FEAR OF DEATH reigns outside, but inside is born the indomitable fire. The fire breaks out and lights everything around. The FEAR OF DEATH will be overcome and then a new light will dissipate the darkness of the night. The darkness will recede, the light will come. A new awareness will dispel the darkness of the fear of death.
On the subconscious plane, vanity, inciting movement and arousing are replaced by a sense of great danger. This concentration and reflection on a very dangerous situation. All other matters will go to the background when the FEAR OF DEATH arrives.
In the manifested reality, fear of death will be overcome. The light of this victory will dispel the darkness of the night. On the contrary, awareness, doubts, reflections on FEAR OF DEATH will be filled with a subconscious plan. Despite the overcoming of FEAR OF DEATH in the manifested life, he will not go anywhere from the subconscious. A person can not completely overcome the fear of death, even if he looks absolutely fearless!
Multidimensionality (opposite vibration)
FEARLESSNESS is the total absence of any kind of fears. This is the achievement of paradise, nirvana. Probably, this is possible only when someone completely separated from his life. This person is right now in heaven, although he continues to walk on the ground. This is practically unattainable for the overwhelming majority of people. People will always be afraid of something. They will always be immersed in the FEAR OF DEATH.
Fear of death
The world around is disappearing. The light is dying out.
The darkness is setting in.
But inextinguishable fire is already fighting its way through the depth of the Earth to illuminate the world around.
You are exactly what you fear!
Positions to consider:
- “Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely,” Buddha.
- “The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help you are freed,” Buddha.
- “Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides,” Lao Tzu.
- “Shrinking away from death is something unhealthy and abnormal which robs the second half of life of its purpose,” Carl Jung.
- “The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there’s no risk of accident for someone who’s dead,” Albert Einstein.
- Life is a fantastic adventure and death is one of its most exciting and spectacular experiences.
- “Cowardice is the most terrible of vices,” Mikhail Bulgakov.
- “Yes, man is mortal, but that would be only half the trouble. The worst of it is that he’s sometimes unexpectedly mortal —there’s the trick!” Mikhail Bulgakov.
- Fear of death is a basic root of all fears. The one, who has overcome it, is no longer scared of anything at all, becomes totally free of fears inside and lives his life to the fullest. Fear of death is fear of the unknown. There might be nothing at all after life. Fear of death is unreasoned and badly-substantiated, it feeds on ego anxiety. To get rid of it, one can realize that neither matter nor energy can vanish, there has never been even a single example of this in the natural world. Moreover, everybody has experienced the process of birth that is for a child a horrible exit from his reality, fully equivalent to death. Thus, it is impossible to disappear and once we have already experienced the menacing transit of birth, which turned out to be just a new wind of life. To overcome the fear of death means revival at all levels.
- Fear of death is part of objective reality that everybody experiences. What is there after life? We should collect our courage to acknowledge honestly that we do not know the answer to this question. But we are not ready to accept it. We want an answer that will mitigate our fears! We demand it and are ready to believe whatever comforting is said. This need for an answer gave rise to numerous fairy-tales and tall stories that people are willing to trust.
- Fear of death. The body that we identify with, will turn to ashes after life. Whoever invented life was a genius! Whatever you do, wherever you hide, death will find you inevitably. It’s so cool! Believing that we are more than just a body and will experience the afterlife, helps to overcome this fear. This faith may result in totally different actions. For instance, a Hindu believes that there is a soul, and the soul is closely connected to the body. Thus, after they are parted, to let the soul free from the body, the body must be cremated. An Egyptian believes that there is a soul, and the soul is closely connected to the body. Thus, the body must be conserved, embalmed to be a shelter for the soul.
- Fear of death. Death is considered to be a very sorrowful thing. Its widespread image, that was designed to scare adults, is a dreadful skeleton carrying a scythe. In fact, death is normally a savior from the sufferings of the fading life that assists the process of transition to a better world. Its image is a languishing beauty with soulful black-and-violet-colored eyes, dressed in violet. How much happier would the world be with such an image of death!
- “If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve,” Lao Tzu.
- “Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free,” The Shawshank Redemption.
Author: Evgeny Kitanin (Vet Zatinus).